RETURN GOODS POLICY
Return Goods Policy Effective August 1, 2005 of normal stocked items.
Items needing to be returned should be brought back to the store if they were purchased in person, or if we delivered it, we will pick it up when we return to your area. You will need to call 815-625-4375 and press “0” to get an RMA Number to process your return. Once we give you the RMA Number, you will need to write it down on 8 ½ x 11 sheet of paper and keep it with your product to be given to the SBM representative who will be picking up the merchandise. We will handle the returned merchandise provided we have been properly notified and have agreed to accept the returns based on the below listed policy. SBM wants to cooperate with you wherever possible, solicit your help in minimizing the return problem, and suggest your double checking any order for items not regularly stocked by SBM. Mistakes are costly and the manufacturers and suppliers will not accept returns without a penalty.
1. NO PURCHASES MAY BE RETURNED FOR CREDIT OR REFUND AFTER 21 days from date of purchase without prior approval from salesperson handling account or store manager. If approval is obtained the maximum credit allowed will be 80% of purchase price when purchased from SBM. Credit will be issued based on length of time since date of purchase and sale-ability of item returned. In no case will credit be more than 80% of original price.
2. ON ALL RETURNS AFTER 21 days we will only issue a credit memo to be used for future purchases. (No cash refund will be made after 21 days.)
3. RETURNS OF COMPUTER RELATED ITEMS, may not be returned if opened for any reason. Any replacement or exchange of product must be directly to the manufacturer if opened. Software is returnable only if unopened, and regularly stocked. Never break the seal of an ink cartridge unless you are positive it is the correct one.
4. RETURNS OF SPECIAL ORDERED ITEMS, not regularly stocked by SBM, accepted on the following conditions only:
A. If manufacturer or supplier will accept return of the special order items, on approval we would issue credit based on the amount of restocking charge the manufacturer charges us. (Normal Min. charge is 20%) plus the incoming freight cost and the out-going freight cost, repackaging, pickup and billing expense would be deducted from the credit memo. Approval from manufacturer must be obtained prior to salesperson giving the customer approval for return.
5. DAMAGED MERCHANDISE needs to be reported within 5 days of receipt of merchandise.
6. DEFECTIVE ITEMS must be reported within 21 days of invoice of merchandise.
7. SHORTAGES must be reported with 24 hours of receipt of order.
• Items that have been used by customers, or broken / open packages will not be accepted for return. (Exceptions would be where SBM furnished the wrong item and this was not discovered until opened.)
• Include all original packing material.
• Items proved to be defective will be replaced or credited back if we cannot obtain suitable replacement.
Prices and availability of products and services are subject to change without notice. Errors will be corrected where discovered, and SBM reserves the right to revoke any stated offer and to correct any errors, inaccuracies or omissions including after an order has been submitted and whether or not the order has been confirmed and your credit card or customer account charged.